HOW TO: Change A Brake Light Bulb ~ Chick Auto Tips | Car Tips for Women

Featured Post

Winter Car Care Tips

  The weather is starting to feel like winter so I wanted to share these quick tips from  Car Care Council so you can get your vehicle s...

Friday, March 13, 2015

HOW TO: Change A Brake Light Bulb


Every bulb on the outside of your car has a safety function. This may seem obvious, but think about how often you see somebody driving around with a tail light out, or with only one brake light. The fact is these little bulbs are often neglected. Many people don't replace them until they get pulled over( Like me).

You can replace these lights in a few easy step:

I have a 2006 Dodge Stratus and inside of the trunk it was a couple of screws that had to be removed before the Tail Light Housing could be exposed.


Tail lamp assembly out.

Today was really cold so I didn't take pictures of every step (sorry) but its really easy from here! The Red Arrow points to the brake light that needs to be replaced, you unscrew the bulb holder-- remove the old bulb and replace. I put the extra bulb in my emergency chick kit and on a warm day I plan to replace the other bulb.


Here is a quick video!


1 comments:

  1. really useful post, i know a lot of people who are afraid of tackling bulb changes and always ask a mechanic. You've actually made it look really easy however so I expect a lot more drivers to attempt tackling this themselves.

    ReplyDelete